Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cooking Camp!

Ally spent the last week at cooking camp … and, I was jealous! I dropped her off Monday morning and immediately wished that I could stay and have fun too :) She learned everything from knife skills, to baking, to soups, to desserts, and even table etiquette. David and I were treated to daily samples of all the yummy things Ally learned to make. My favorite was the Frittata, which Ally made for breakfast on Saturday morning! We added broccoli and substituted all the dairy with goat dairy, which I would recommend. Not just because it is healthier for you, but the tang of the goat ads a whole other level of flavor.
  
Many thanks to Anne, Ally’s gracious host and cooking teacher, who was brave enough to take seven children into her own home for this camp - filling her kitchen with laughter, good food and amazing smells.

No comments:

Post a Comment